Position: Maternity Leave Replacement (January 2021 – March 2022)
Position Type: Full Time - Long Term Replacement Contract
Hours of work:9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday
Location: Remote, working from home with the possibility to return to Toronto Campus - 306 Lawrence Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario, M4N 1T7
Branch: Foundation department
Start Date: January 2021
About The Position
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy and Alumni Relations, the Officer, Alumni Relations Officer will be responsible for managing a robust alumni program and implementing an effective engagement strategy to build alumni relationships and a culture of philanthropy among TFS’ 3,125 alumni. The Alumni Relations Officer will be responsible for executing strategic events and programs, communication initiatives and launching digital platforms to grow engagement among the alumni community. As an integral member of the TFS Foundation, you will be a main point of contact for our alumni community members, the TFS Alumni Association Executive, and the Alumni Recognition Committee.
The Alumni Relations Officer is responsible for the following:
- In conjunction with the Director of Philanthropy and Alumni Relations, develop and implement the alumni relations strategy to achieve annual engagement and philanthropy goals with alignment to TFS’ upcoming Capital Campaign.
- In conjunction with the Director of Philanthropy and Alumni Relations, manage the alumni relations budget and execute programs within available resources by monitoring and tracking expenses within the budget.
- To create and implement innovative programs to achieve engagement goals such as:
o Manage digital platforms for alumni engagement and communication
o Identify and coordinate mentorship opportunities between alumni, young alumni and current students
o Manage alumni awards and the awarding process, in working with key nominating and selection committees
o Plan and execute impactful, high quality alumni events and act as main contact with vendors
o Work with colleagues from the TFS Archives to leverage resources and create exceptional alumni experiences
- To elevate and provide leadership in the planning and execution of the annual program in order to raise funds for established priorities such as:
o Set revenue goals for stakeholder appeals, in liaison with the Director of Philanthropy and Alumni Relations
o Plan and execute four annual appeal letters and develop marketing and solicitation materials, in liaison with Marketing and Communications as required
o Strategize and manage the annual class fund appeal
o Explore opportunities to introduce new program offerings
o Report and analyze annual fund performance
o Provide analysis and statistics of program outcomes and key learnings, with support from the Advancement Services team
- Evaluate program performance through measurement and tracking and make recommendations for changes to enhance engagement effectiveness and philanthropic affinity.
- Collaborate with the Major Gifts team to identify and cultivate potential donors, while providing exceptional stewardship to current alumni donors.
- Lead content development for the school’s and alumni’s communications (including blogs, newsletters, reports, social media posts, etc.).
- Maintain current and accurate information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
What We Offer
We operate in a fast paced, stimulating and multilingual environment as a small, dynamic team where relationships and mutual support are fundamental to how we operate and achieve our goals. Beyond this exceptional environment, TFS offers competitive employment packages, including:
- Professional development and personal growth
- Working in a school environment that is supportive of parents/families, we offer generous vacation time and flexible working conditions during the summer months and during other scheduled school holidays (i.e. Winter break)
To find out more about the TFS offer, please visit our website.
Who We Are Looking For
We recruit candidates who embrace our TFS values of integrity, discernment, respect and engagement. The ideal individual for this position will have the below:
- Strategic planning and program execution.
- Alumni Relations and/or fundraising.
- Working in Independent Schools is an asset.
- Knowledge of Canadian philanthropic environments and understanding sector trends.
- Event planning, execution and management.
- Develop and manage social media content and platforms.
- Budget management and expense tracking.
- Recruiting, managing, and motivating volunteers.
- Relevant university degree and/or post graduate certificate (or equivalent) in fundraising, event management and/or alumni relations.
- 5 years of experience in alumni relations, fundraising and/or program management with a proven track record of success.
- Consideration will be given to a combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of French or Mandarin is an asset.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships across multiple constituencies.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and solution orientation; sound decision-making ability with a positive "can do" attitude.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Graduway and Net Directories is an asset.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong event management skills, with attention to details.
- Strong time management and project management skills; ability to establish priorities, plan and manage multiple activities with coinciding deadlines.
- Continuous improvement orientation through excellent data measurement and analysis.
- Ability to calmly and effectively work in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to changing needs.
- Working with and supporting volunteers, committees and colleagues.
- Works well independently and as a team player.
TFS is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, do not hesitate to contact us.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume here as soon as possible. As we do not accept direct applications, please use the candidate portal through the link provided.