Position Type: Full time
Location: Toronto campus - 306 Lawrence Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario, M4N 1T7
Start Date: October 1st, 2019
An opportunity for impact
The Advancement Services Specialist is a new position within the newly formed TFS Foundation, which was created to lead the largest comprehensive campaign in the school’s history. Ours is a small and diverse community of highly committed parents and alumni with higher than average net worth. Within that context, we offer the opportunity to truly get to know and understand our community and what motivates them to engage and contribute.
As a key member of the Foundation this position has responsibility for a broad scope of
information management and data analysis services in support of a Campaign focused on
individual major gifts.
About the position
The Advancement Services Specialist oversees the information management and systems of the Foundation to enable the team to meet its fundraising objectives as it heads into a major capital campaign. Enabling the effective management and use of parent, prospect, donor and alumni information to build relationships through all stages of the donor cycle (identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship), is central to success in this role. Creating and executing on analysis and reporting needs that support pipeline activities, revenue monitoring and event management is a key requirement. You will conduct prospect research and manage, analyze and interpret all information housed in the database, digital platforms and records related to Advancement activities. You will develop and update guidelines and policies related to management and use of information and systems. Additionally, you will be responsible for the creation and tracking of gifts and pledges, and measurement of key performance indicators on a regular basis.
Reporting to the Manager of Annual Program & Alumni Relations, the key responsibilities of this role include:
- Database and Digital Systems Management:
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing of all gifts, including the generation of pledge reminders, acknowledgements and tax receipts, ensuring compliance with the school’s Finance team and Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.
- Act as the database administrator for the Foundation and complete regular maintenance on the data stored within Raiser’s Edge, including monthly, quarterly and annual processes to ensure data integrity and security.
- Develop business processes and systems to increase efficiency and to ensure consistency with TFS – Canada’s International School’s policies and procedures and best-practice standards.
- Update and maintain the major gift pipeline and moves management reporting framework utilizing the prospect module of Raiser’s Edge.
- Train the team on using the database effectively and to maintain excellent data standards.
- Manage integration with other related systems including student information system, digital alumni community, web-based transaction systems and third-party reporting tools.
- Prospect Research and Management:
- Conduct prospect research on potential major gift prospects including wealth indicators and the development of profiles for use with Board level volunteers.
- Contract with vendors to analyze and segment prospects and community members to enable targeted relationship management.
- Work with the team to determine requirements for prospect and pipeline analysis and management, gift analysis and event management and develop accurate, user-friendly reports.
- Analyze information across platforms to Identify potential volunteers within the community with specific experience and skills.
- Manage all requests for information from Raiser’s Edge and develop queries, exports and reports required for reconciliation, audit, analysis, strategic planning, donor recognition programs, etc.
- Provide regular status reports and program summaries to senior staff and Board volunteers on progress, highlights and issues related to all types of prospect activity, relationship management and donor giving.
- Liaise with the Business Office to reconcile charitable donations on a monthly basis, and provide support in preparation for the annual audit.
- Donor Services:
- Support the Manager and President in the creation and management of the Foundation budget, including expenditure coding and tracking.
- Develop processes for the team to manage donor recognition and stewardship to ensure all obligations are tracked, monitored and met, including the generation of all donor recognition lists and stewardship financial reports.
- Produce mailing and invitation lists and support the coordination of all mailings and email blasts, including but not limited to annual giving solicitations, invitations to events and other communication activities.
- Respond to queries regarding charitable gifts.
- Other :
- Provide support and input into the development of the operations plan for the Foundation and develop protocols in response to new strategic directions and projects.
- Make recommendations on software and systems that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Department.
- Work collaboratively with key functional areas and leads including Finance, IT, Major Gifts, Annual Giving, Events, etc.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant industry trends and database features.
What we offer
We operate in a fast paced, stimulating and multilingual environment as a small, dynamic team where relationships and mutual support are fundamental to how we operate and achieve our goals. Beyond this exceptional environment, TFS offers competitive employment packages, including:
- Professional development and personal growth
- Working in a school environment that is supportive of parents/families, we offer generous vacation time and flexible working conditions during summer months and during other scheduled school holidays (i.e. Winter break )
To find out more about the TFS offer, please visit our website.
Who we are looking for
We recruit candidates who embrace our TFS values of integrity, discernment, respect and engagement. The ideal candidate profile is as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree is required with 3-5 years’ experience in database administration and management in a fundraising environment.
- French is an asset.
- Experience and expert knowledge of CRM systems and processes is a requirement.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
- Excellent analytical and research skills and the ability to problem-solve using sound judgment and discretion.
- Keen understanding of donor needs, constantly striving to improve the donor experience.
- Appreciation and understanding of various gift vehicles and their charitable tax implications.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization and build collaborative relationships.
- Outstanding organizational skills and high level of accuracy with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team in a fast-paced, high volume and professional environment, managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Goal-orientation with excellent communication and project management skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
TFS is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, do not hesitate to contact us.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume here as soon as possible. As we do not accept direct applications, please use the candidate portal through the link provided.