Position: Summer internship
Position Type: Full time
Hours of work: 9 am to 5 pm (with one-hour unpaid lunch), Monday to Friday
Location: Remote, working from home until further notice. Office is located on our Toronto campus - 306 Lawrence Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario, M4N 1T7
Dates: June to August 31, 2021
About the position
Reporting to the Development Officer, Major Gifts and Stewardship, the intern will provide administrative and program support to various events, special projects and stewardship activities. The intern will work with various team members of the foundation, school and volunteer community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and project management support for various donor and volunteer appreciation events.
- Source special donor and volunteer appreciation gifts for key stakeholders in the community.
- Support the process for the procurement and production of donor recognition plaques
- Coordinate the design and production of stewardship materials to celebrate and thank our generous donors.
- Assist in the development of stewardship reports for major donors, in collaboration with the team members.
Event Planning & Coordination
- Provide administrative support and assist in implementation of a range of events in collaboration with volunteers and school staff, including:
o Leadership donor recognition event
o Volunteer appreciation event
o TFS Graduation
o Alumni Reunion, alumni events and chapter events
o Cultivation and stewardship events
o Others as to be determined
- Work closely with team members, administration, volunteers and alumni in coordinating various aspects of our TFS events from implementation to execution and post event summary reports.
- In collaboration with the Development Officer, Major Gift and Stewardship, prepare and oversee the execution of invitations, RSVP forms, marketing materials, and social media for dissemination within the community.
- Help source and secure special guests and presenters for events.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of budget/expenditure reports and event activity reports.
- Maintain record of event-related contact management in the Raiser's Edge database.
- Participate in meetings and/or events outside of regular business hours as required.
- Assist with data quality projects and documentation of business operation processes.
- Support data entry and updating record information in the database.
- Prepare updates and postings for social media and website platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires a high level of confidentiality regarding information shared through prospect review as well as accessing donor files as part of prospect research
Responsible for completing the required administrative tasks per procedural guidelines, directions and requirements.
Overtime will be required based on event requirements and volunteer meeting availability.
Who we are looking for
We recruit candidates who embrace our TFS values of integrity, discernment, respect and engagement. The ideal candidate profile is as follows:
- Enrolled in or graduate of a post-secondary program, ideally in communications, fundraising or management.
- Previous experience working in an office setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and communicate with a variety of stakeholders, including donors, volunteers, sponsors and staff.
- Great writing, proofreading and editing skills, with experience in writing and producing communication materials.
- Project management and organizational skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative working style. Proven ability to exercise tact, discretion, and good judgment.
- Experience using databases is an asset
- Budget management skills
- Good facility with software such as the Microsoft Office suite (Word, excel, PowerPoint), Adobe InDesign, Canva and other design platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English. French is an asset.
- Must be able to work independently, exercise initiative with strong prioritizing and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to manage multi-phase projects from inception to completion in a fast-paced environment.
TFS is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, do not hesitate to contact us.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume here
as soon as possible. As we do not accept direct applications, please use the candidate portal through the link provided.