PERMANENT POSITION, Effective August 27, 2018
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Monday to Friday
Reporting to the Principal or to his delegate, you will be responsible for the following:
· Work collaboratively with the homeroom teacher and specialist
· Work directly with a group of students under your own supervision;
· Facilitate educational activities/ workshops depending on the program in place;
· Collaborate with teachers for the welfare of students using positive discipline
· Use appropriate language and interactions, modeling positive behavior
· Provide support to designated teachers in the classroom with students;
· Assist in the preparation and storage of equipment used for teaching;
· Supervise lunches and/or recess;
· Replace occasionally in the classroom during meetings
· Participate in in-house professional development
· Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
Excellent French and English language skills;
Qualified teacher status would be an asset but must have a certification in education services to children or an Early Childhood Educator certification (ECE);
Relevant working experience with young children and small groups
We recruit candidates who embrace our TFS values of: Integrity, discernment, respect and engagement.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé ASAP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TFS is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.