The pioneer of French immersion in Canada, TFS is Canada’s International School. The country’s largest independent school – serving students from age two to university entrance – TFS teaches the curricula of the Ministries of Education of France and Ontario within the framework of the International Baccalaureate. Co-educational and non-denominational, TFS develops critical thinkers who celebrate difference, transcend borders, and strive for the betterment of humankind. The West Campus in Mississauga is a cohesive, thriving academic community of over 200 students from Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 7.
One of four divisional leaders, you will report to the Deputy Head, Teaching and Learning as well as the Deputy Head, Citizenship and Community. A member of the Head’s Council, you will make a meaningful contribution to the implementation of an academically ambitious educational philosophy and strategic plan – encouraging, preparing, and supporting the development of engaged, inquisitive, and active young citizens. You will respect and promote the unique culture of TFS and the continuous progress of students, and will partner with colleagues to harmonize programming and practice across TFS campuses, enabling a smooth transition to upper grades. Bilingual, with an international perspective, you are an exceptional educational leader who ideally understands the French and Ontario curricula as well as the IB (PYP and MYP). You have a successful track record of building your team’s capacity to maintain high standards of teaching and learning.
Excited by the possibilities of an intimate, innovative campus where teachers exercise multiple skills and everyone knows every student, you will continue the work of building a caring and cohesive culture in which students grow and thrive. With a profound desire to be part of TFS as a whole – you are the inspirational strategist, mentor, and tactician that every great Principal needs to be. This is an opportunity to join TFS’s remarkable team – whose excellence and vision are creating something truly extraordinary.
We will give priority to candidates who are CAFIMF/CAFIPEMF certified, and have therefore strong capabilities in terms of staff support and development. This role demands a great deal of time as well as a keen sense of human relations.
- Excellent knowledge of the National Education’s French curriculum
- Mandatory experience of managing a school with a minimum of 8 classes
- Very good communicator in both French and English. A minimum of B2 level in English is required as French is not the mother tongue of the majority of our students and families
- Strong IT skills to manage and communicate to better service the pedagogy
- Capable to work within a leadership team
- Strong listening skills, able to adapt, open minded
- Sense of initiative, creative, able to face unexpected situations calmly
- Flexible, team spirit
- Methodological, disciplined
- Sense of humor, enthusiastic and motivating
No teaching involved. Ready to start in this position on August, 20th 2019.
Experience & Qualifications: (in order of importance)
- Fluent in French with a good English conversational level
- School Principal: a minimum of 5 years of managing / minimum of 8 classes managed
- CAFIPEMF / CPAIEN / EMFE
- Experience in a French school in a foreign country (minimum of 3 years)
All responses to Caldwell Partners are confidential. Please indicate your interest in Project 181024 at www.caldwellpartners.com/apply.php